- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Use as a laptop bag or messenger bag for work, school, or university
- Interior padded pocket for laptops up to 15"
- Top carry handles, an optional crossbody strap, and a luggage sleeve
This messenger bag is perfect for carrying your laptop and files to the office, school or university. It's designed for laptops up to 15", has plenty of pockets, including an internal padded laptop sleeve, front and back slip pockets on the exterior, and a zip pocket inside. The sewing pattern will guide you through how to add a luggage sleeve to slip over your suitcase handle for when you're travelling, and has instructions for two carry handle options - the top handles, which slip down inside the pockets when you don't need them, and an optional crossbody strap.
The Side Hustle is classified as an advanced level bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Side Hustle bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. Please note that rectangular pattern pieces are not provided, instead measurements are given for the rectangles. The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces for the shaped pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces for the shaped pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs.When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Side Hustle sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Side Hustle bag was designed for advanced-level bagmakers. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Side Hustle laptop bag has finished dimensions of 15.5" x 10.5" x 3.5" (39.5cm x 26.5cm x 9cm). It was designed with a 15" laptop in mind, but you could adjust it to fit other sizes of laptop. For help adjusting your pattern, please watch my video tutorial on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sewingpatternsbymrsh/videos/3100068333356342/
What materials do I need?
- 1 5/8 yd (1.5m) Exterior
- 2/3 yd (0.6m) Contrast yd (0.6m) Contrast
- 1 yd (1m) Lining
- 1 yd (1m) Foam stabiliser
- 3 1/4 yd (3m) Medium weight interfacing (90cm (1yd) wide narrower will need more)
- 3” x 12” (7.5cm x 30.5cm) Bag base (or thin cutting mat)
- (1) 8" (20cm) #3 Dressmaking Zip – If using continuous zipper, cut to 10” (25cm) long to match lining
- (1) 22" (56cm) #5 Zip (double or single pull) – If using continuous zipper, cut to 24” (61cm) long to match exterior
- (6) 1/2" (12mm) domed purse feet
- (2) 1" (25mm) triangle rings
- (4) 1" (25mm) rectangular rings
- (2) 1 1/2 " (38mm) swivel snap hooks
- (1) 1 1/2 " (38mm) strap slider
- (18) Medium double cap rivets (Optional)
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot & Walking foot
- Wonder clips
- Fray check
- Pressing cloth
- Pinking shears
- Duct tape
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
Is there a sew along for The Side Hustle?
Not yet! Would you like to host one? Send us an email at email@example.com
I've found a mistake!
Oh no! We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to our list to correct when the pattern is next updated.
I have a question not answered here
As low as: £ 9 00
As low as: £ 9 00
£ 16 99 Price: