- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Classic styled bifold wallet with card slots, note holders, and an ID slot
- Quick sew - make in an afternoon
- Updated in February 2019
- Blog-based sew along available: Part One, Part Two
The Gentleman's Wallet features 4 card slots, 3 on the right, 1 on the left. It also has a clear vinyl ID pocket. Behind each set of card slots is a hidden slip pocket. And behind the card slots there's a full width note holder and behind that another! That's 2 full width pockets for all of your junk important things.
Click here for a free tutorial on how to add a zipped coin pocket to your Gentleman's Wallet. This free tutorial was written by Lynn Potts of She Wears Red Feathers
This sewing pattern is designed for fabrics! Quilting cottons, batiks, possibly a touch of canvas. This wallet was initially designed to be sewn in fabric, but many customers used their creativity and tried vegan leather, vinyl and even cork!
The Gentleman's Wallet is classified as an intermediate sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of pattern testers at a variety of skill levels.
The Gentleman's Wallet sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions with colour photos. The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs. When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Gentleman's Wallet sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Gentleman's Wallet is an intermediate level sewing pattern. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished wallet?
The Gentleman's Wallet has finished dimensions when folded of 4.5" x 4" x 0.5" (11 cm x 10 cm x 1.25cm). When opened, the finished dimensions are 9" x 4" x 1/4" (23 cm x 10 cm x 0.6 cm)
What fabrics did you use?
Cottons are preferable. Avoid linens and very thick fabrics for the interior pockets.
What materials do I need?
- 2 FQ or 1/2yd (0.45m) for the lining & outer - Cottons are preferable. Avoid linens and very thick fabrics for the interior pockets.
- 1 x FQ Firm interfacing - Vilene H250 or Pellon 809
- 9 1/4" x 3 3/4" (23.5cm x 9.25cm) Extra firm interfacing - Decovil 1 or Peltex
- 4" x 3" (10cm x 7.75cm) - Clear vinyl
- Double sided basting tape
- Walking foot
- Hera marker
- Iron & board
- 2 different colour washable pens
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
Looking for gift ideas for Father's Day? The Gentleman's Wallet makes a great gift for dads. You'll find some super examples of Gent's Wallets made by bagineers at my blog about Sewing for Father's Day.
Is there a sew along for The Gentleman's Wallet?
I've found a mistake!
This pattern does have some known errors.
- Piece G1 ID pocket (clear vinyl) - in some paper patterns this piece may have gone off the edge of the page. Please check your measurements. This piece should measure 4" x 3" (10cm x 7.75cm).
- In the newest version of the paper pattern the photo next to step 7 shows 3/8" between each blue line. This should be 1/2". Please note this error is only in the paper pattern and only in the photo, the instructions are correct.
PDF and Paper Patterns:
- Piece G ID pocket (pocket fabric) - Please cut 2 ID pocket fabric. The pattern piece says to cut 1 ID pocket fabric. This is incorrect. Please cut 2 ID pocket fabrics. The cutting directions in the pattern booklet and the piece labels are correct.
You will complete list of errors found in our patterns on our Errata page. If you can't find your mistake in the list above or on the Errata page, please send us an email to email@example.com so that we can add it to our list.
I have a question not answered here
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or pop over to the Sewing Patterns by Mrs H Facebook Support Group and we'll do our best to help!