- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs and pattern pieces.
- Two different flap shapes to choose from.
- Hidden full width slip pocket.
- YouTube tutorial
- Free tutorial from LBP Bespoke to add a zip bridge to the Button Lock Bag
This cute Button Lock Bag is a fun sew for advanced beginners/intermediate level bagmakers. The Button Lock Bag uses both darts and a narrow gusset to achieve a style that sits against your body comfortably, yet can carry a surprising amount! Inside you'll find a zip pocket and a full width slip pocket.
The Button Lock Bag is classified as an advanced beginners/intermediate level bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Button Lock Bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs. When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products in your Mrs H account dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Button Lock Bag sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Button Lock Bag was designed for advanced beginners/intermediate level bagmakers. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Button Lock Bag has finished dimensions of 10" x 10" x 2.5" (25.5cm x 25.5cm x 6.5cm).
What materials do I need?
- ⅝ yd (0.5m) Exterior - Directional fabric may need more
- ⅝ yd (0.5m) Contrast - Directional fabric may need more
- ⅞ yd (0.8m) Lining
- ⅞ yd (0.75m) Foam stabiliser
- 1 ⅝ yd (1.5m) Medium weight interfacing
- 2" x 2" & 2" x 1" (5cm x 5cm & 5cm x 2.5cm) Scraps of Ultra-firm stabiliser (Decovil 1, Peltex, S520)
Hardware & Notions
- 1 x Large "Button" Lock (available from Emmaline Bags, or from Sew Hot in the UK.)
- 1 x 8" (20cm) #3 Dressmaking Zip - if using continuous zipper, cut to 10" (25.5cm) long
- 2 x 1 ½" (3.8cm) 'O' Rings
- 1 x 1" (25mm) Strap Slider
- 4 x (Optional) Medium Rivets
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot & Walking foot
- Wonder clips
- Fray check
- Pinking shears
- Strong glue to secure the lock
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
Is there a sew along for The Button Lock Bag?
Yes, there is! Sew along with Mrs H on YouTube here: The Button Lock Bag video sew along with Mrs H
I've found a mistake!
Have you spotted an error with this pattern? Oh no! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add it to our list to correct when the pattern is next updated.
I have a question not answered here