- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Beginner bag sewing pattern
- Unique structured design
- Two different ways of carrying The Loopy Lou - by the top carry handles, or using the optional crossbody strap
Originally designed for The Bag Retreat, the Loopy Lou bag sewing pattern was created with beginners in mind. The Loopy Lou has a long strap, so that you can use it as a shoulder bag, as well as short handles at the top of the bag to let you carry it as a tote bag. Inside The Loopy Lou you'll find a slip pocket as well as a zip pocket, ideal for organising your belongings!
The Loopy Lou Bag is classified as a beginner bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Loopy Lou sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs.When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Loopy Lou bag sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Loopy Lou was designed for beginner bagmakers. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Loopy Lou has finished dimensions of 12" wide by 13" high by 4" deep (30.5cm x 33cm x 10cm).
What materials do I need?
- 1 yd (0.9m) Outer
- 1/2 yd (0.5m) Lining (directional will need more)
- 1 3/4 yard (1.6m) Medium weight interfacing (40" or 90cm wide)
- 20" x 36" (51cm x 92cm Foam stabiliser
- 1 x 8" (20cm) #3 zip for the zipped pocket, or use longer and cut to size
- 1 x 3/4" (18mm) slim Magnetic snap
- 2 x 1 1/2" (3.8cm) Round 'O' rings
- 2 x 1" (2.5cm) Swivel hooks
- 1 x 1" (2.5cm) Triglide buckle
- 10 x 9mm x 8mm double cap rivets (Optional)
- Double-sided basting tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot
- Fray check
- Pressing cloth
- Pinking Shears
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
Is there a sew along for The Loopy Lou?
Not yet! Would you like to host one? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I've found a mistake!
Oh no! We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com so we can add it to our list to correct when the pattern is next updated.
I have a question not answered here