- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Packed with pockets
Knock 'em down the The Bowler Bag! In a league of its own, this perfectly proportioned carryall pairs a striking structured shape with a soft silhouette. Functional and spacious, with pockets inside and out, The Bowler Bag will be right up your alley for both work and everyday use.
The Bowler Bag has top handles and a crossbody strap, so you can tote it as a handbag, or wear it on your shoulder.
The Bowler Bag is classified as an intermediate/advanced bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Bowler Bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs.When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Bowler Bag sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Bowler Bag is for intermediate/advanced bagmakers. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Bowler Bag has finished dimensions of 13.5" x 10.5" x 5.5" (34cm x 26.5cm x 14cm).
What materials do I need?
- 1 3/4 yd (1.6m) Outer
- 1 x FQ Contrast
- 1 yd (0.9m) Lining
- 3 yd (2.75m) Medium weight interfacing (40" or 90cm wide)
- 18" x 58" (46cm x 148cm) Foam stabiliser
- 1/3 yd (0.3m) Fusible Peltex or Vilene S520
- 12" x 4 3/4" (30.5cm x 12cm) Bag Base (Plastic grid canvas)
- (1) x 20" (51cm) #5 zip for the top
- (1) x 10" (25.5cm) #3 zip for the zipped pocket or use longer and cut to size
- (4) x bag feet
- (25) x Emmaline 'Medium' double cap rivets plus setting tools
- (4) x 1" (2.5cm) Rectangle rings
- (2) x 1" (2.5cm) Triangle rings
- (1) x 1.5" (3.8cm) Triglide buckle
- (2) x 1.5" (3.8cm) Swivel clips
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot
- Walking foot
- Duct tape
- Scraps of stabiliser
- Fray check
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
Is there a sew along for The Bowler Bag?
Not yet! Would you like to host one? Send us an email at email@example.com
I've found a mistake!
Oh no! We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add it to our list to correct when the pattern is next updated.
I have a question not answered here
Send us an email to email@example.com or pop over to the Sewing Patterns by Mrs H Facebook Support Group and we'll do our best to help!