- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Nappy bag sewing pattern / diaper bag sewing pattern
- Lots of pockets, including elasticated bottle pockets
- Short shoulder straps and a long crossbody strap
- Optional hooks for keys or dummies
This practical Nappy Bag has two short shoulder straps and one detachable long strap which can be used cross body or as a shoulder strap. Ideal for grabbing and going in a hurry!
The Nappy Bag is packed with pockets! The large front pocket is closed with a magnetic snap sealed flap and the sewing pattern contains instructions for adding two optional hooks in this pocket, perfect for keys or keeping dummies to hand. The full-width back pocket is closed with hook and loop tape and conceals a hidden zipped pocket.
The interior of the Nappy Bag also boasts an impressive array of pockets including a zipped pocket for personal items, 4 elasticated slip pockets and 2 elasticated bottle holders. Add these to the outer pockets and the elasticated outer side pockets, and you'll be able to fit enough in for even the most awkward nappy/diaper changes.
This versatile bag is big enough to hold multiple items without the usual changing bag look. Many of the testers have also chose to make additional bags as travel/overnight bags showing just how multi-purpose this pattern is! The Nappy Bag is also an ideal gift for baby showers and expectant parents, or a great, satisfying sew to make for yourself.
The Nappy Bag is classified as an advanced sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers.
The Nappy Bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs.The paper pattern is an A5 booklet with printed pattern pieces. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs. Find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here.
Buy The Nappy Bag sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Nappy Bag is classified as an advanced sewing pattern. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Nappy Bag has finished dimensions of 18" (45.75 cm) wide, 10" (25.5 cm) tall, and 5" (12 cm) deep.
What fabrics did you use?
What materials do I need?
The Nappy Bag can be stabilised with either fusible fleece or Soft & Stable depending on how sturdy you wish it to be. For extra strength, you can choose to add optional rivets to the bag.
- 1 1/8yd (1m) Outer fabric
- 1yd (0.9m) Contrast outer fabric
- 2yd (1.75m) Lining fabric
- 1 1/8yd (1m) Foam stabiliser
- 3 1/4yd (3m) Medium weight interfacing
- 35 1/2" (0.9m) Length of piping
- 43 1/4" (1.1m) Length of elastic 1/4" (0.6cm) wide
- 1 x 22" (56cm) #5 Zip, double or single
- 2 x 8" (20cm) #3 Zips
- 1 x magnetic snap
- 2 x 1" (2.5cm) D rings
- 2" (5cm) length of 3/42 (2cm) wide length of hook and loop tape
- 1 x 1 1/2" (4cm) Triglide buckle
- 2 x 1 1/2" (4cm) Swivel lobster clips
- 6 x 3/8" (1cm) rivets
Optional keychains or dummy clips:
- For one: 1 x 3/4" (2cm) swivel hook and 5" (12.5cm) of 3/4" (2cm) grosgrain ribbon
- For two: 2 x 3/4" (2cm) swivel hook and 9" (22cm) of 3/4" (2cm) grosgrain ribbon
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
We have lots of inspiration for The Nappy Bag for you! Click through the links below to find out more:
- Introducing The Nappy Bag
- The Nappy Bag Tester's Photos: Part 1
- The Nappy Bag Tester's Photos: Part 2
- Make The Nappy Bag as a work bag or travel bag
- Tutorial from The Cloth Albatross on customising The Nappy Bag
- How to add a clipboard pocket to your Nappy Bag
Is there a sew along for The Nappy Bag?
I've found a mistake!
Oh no! We're sorry to hear that. Please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com so we can add it to our list to correct when the pattern is next updated.
I have a question not answered here
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or pop over to the Sewing Patterns by Mrs H Facebook Support Group and we'll do our best to help!