- Easy to read instructions, colour photographs, and pattern pieces
- Super quick sew, with minimal pattern pieces
- Classic shape with a firm base and lots of room for carrying your belongings
- Wear the strap two ways - as a shoulder bag or crossbody
- Video sew along available!
Casual yet stylish, The Bucket Tote is a fun and easy sew with a classic shape. The large outer panels are great for showing off prints or playing with embellishments. Inside, there are two slip pockets, a zip pocket, and a hook for your keys. The adjustable diagonal strap means you can wear your Bucket Tote with the strap halved on your shoulder or long across the body.
The Bucket Tote is classified as a beginner-level bag sewing pattern. It is written in UK English and has been thoroughly tested by a team of expert pattern testers
The Bucket Tote bag sewing pattern features comprehensive instructions, pattern pieces, and colour photographs. The downloadable PDF pattern features printable pattern pieces and a text only section to save on ink and paper costs.When you buy our PDF sewing patterns, they are immediately added to your online account. Access this through My Downloadable Products on your dashboard, or find out more about how to download and print PDF sewing patterns here: How to download and print your PDF sewing pattern.
Buy The Bucket Tote sewing pattern direct from Sewing Patterns by Mrs H today!
What difficulty is this sewing pattern?
The Bucket Tote bag was designed for beginner-level bagmakers. However, if you get stuck, click here to visit our Facebook group for support: Facebook Support Group for Sewing Patterns by Mrs H.
How big is the finished bag?
The Bucket Tote bag has finished dimensions of 13" x 12" x 5" (33cm x 30.5cm x 12.5cm).
What materials do I need?
- ⅝ yd (0.5m) Outer
- ⅞ yd (0.8m) Lining
- 4" x 54" (10cm x 137cm) Contrast for the strap
- 6.5" x 11" (16.5cm x 28) Contrast for the base
- 6" x 10" (15cm x 25.5cm) Fusible Peltex or Vilene S520 & 6" x 29" Fusible Peltex or Vilene S520 for the BS pieces
- ⅝ yd (0.5m) Foam stabiliser
- 1 ⅝ yd (1.5m) Medium weight interfacing
- 1 x Magnetic snap
- 1 x 8" (20cm) #3 Dressmaking Zip – If using continuous zipper, cut to 10” (25.5cm) long
- 1 x ½" (1.2cm) Swivel hook
- 2 x 1" (2.5cm) Rectangle rings
- 1 x Optional Small Rivet
- Double sided basting tape
- Zip foot & Walking foot
- Wonder clips
- Fray check
- Pressing cloth
- Pinking shears
- Stapler & Staples (Optional)
What's the tag for social media?
Where can I find more inspiration?
Is there a sew along for The Bucket Tote?
Yes, there is! Sew along with Mrs H on YouTube here: The Bucket Tote video sew along with Mrs H
I've found a mistake!
The Bucket Tote has a known error. The supply list says you will need 6" x 10" Fusible Peltex or S520. You will need a further 6" x 29" for the BS pieces. Eagle-eyed Meredith spotted the error and emailed us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. Have you spotted another error? Oh no! Please email us so that we can add it to our list to correct when the pattern is next updated.
I have a question not answered here